Level Crossing Removal Project
St Albans, Melbourne – Furlong Road and Main Road.
The project included the removal of the Main Road and Furlong Road level crossings. The design and construction work included:
- Lowering the rail lines below Main Road and Furlong Road
- Rebuilding St Albans and Ginnifer Stations
- Accessing lowered platforms via lifts, ramps and stairs
- Reconstructing the station car parks
- Pedestrian overpasses.
Core Consultants geotechnical team was engaged under our partnering agreement with Golder Associates to carry out geotechnical surveillance activities during the construction phase of the project.
The geotechnical surveillance activities included appraisal and assessment of various groundworks including:
- Soil Nail Walls
- Soldier Pile Walls
- High Level Strip and Pad Footings
- Bored Piles
- Crane and Piling Rig Working Platform
- Subgrade Evaluation and Proof Rolls.
Additional information regarding this project can be found at the Level Crossing Removal Project Furlong Main website, with several time lapse and drone videos available.
View our Recent Projects
PO Box 5569
Maroochydore BC Qld 4558
07 5475 5900
Suite 3.16 ‘The Bower’,
433 Logan Road, Stones Corner.
07 3394 8331
ACN: 603 384 050
Connect With Us