Emerald Flood Protection Scheme
Central Highlands – Geotechnical investigation for proposed levee.
Central Highlands Regional Council engaged Core Consultants to conduct a geotechnical investigation for a proposed flood levee, as a part of the Emerald Flood Protection Scheme.
The purpose of the geotechnical investigation was to provide data regarding subsurface conditions along the proposed flood levee alignment on the banks of the Nogoa River and at potential borrow pit locations.
The investigation was carried out on both the eastern and western sides of the Nogoa River.
- Core Consultants mobilised a team of investigation drill rigs, a backhoe, various geotechnical and groundwater testing apparatus and geotechnical engineering consultants to Emerald for the fieldwork.
- The geotechnical investigation fieldwork comprised the following:
- Site walkover to map, set out, survey and clear test locations for underground services
- 23 boreholes with in situ testing and installation of 10 standpipes
- 41 test pits along the levee alignment
- Test pitting and sampling at 4 potential borrow pit locations
- Laboratory testing of selected samples for classification and engineering properties purposes
- Factual reporting.
- Our field staff on this project were all registered and chartered practicing geotechnical professionals (CPEng RPEQ).
- With experienced professionals in the field meant challenges faced in the field were resolved on site and the fieldwork program was carried out according to plan.
View our Recent Projects
PO Box 5569
Maroochydore BC Qld 4558
07 5475 5900
Suite 3.16 ‘The Bower’,
433 Logan Road, Stones Corner.
07 3394 8331
ACN: 603 384 050
Connect With Us