Talk to an Expert
Core Consultants provides expert advice. See our FAQ’s below or Talk to an Expert today!
Frequently Asked Questions
- we have compiled a list of frequently asked questions below for your assistance
- for each question you will find a + symbol to the right, click on this symbol to reveal the answer
- if we don’t have your question listed here, please complete the below form to talk to one of our experts
- alternatively if you are seeking a project quote or have a different enquiry please contact us directly.
Talk to an Expert Scope
- our Talk to an Expert service is for legitimate enquiries about a project
- your enquiry will go directly to one of our experts within the field of your enquiry
- unfortunately due to our workload we are not able to assist with any student enquiries
- for all project quotes or other enquiries please contact us directly.
Q: How do you decide how to investigate a site (i.e. number of test locations) and the techniques you use?
A: For geotechnical work there is no set answer. It depends on the anticipated ground conditions and what is being built. With those two things in mind defining the scope of the works comes down to experience and a clear understanding of what each investigation technique will give you. The investigation has to provide sufficient information about the ground, its likely variability and the required geotechnical parameters for design.
Acid Sulphate Soils investigations have a far more prescriptive approach that are detailed in state legislation.
Q: How do you investigate a site where the contractor requires guidance on rock excavation?
Q: How do you assess the slope stability of a site?
Q: Shear box tests typically are undertaken under three confining stresses of 100kPa 200 kPa and 300 kPa. Are these confining stresses appropriate for all tests?
Q: What does factor of safety mean and how should it be used?
Your question is not listed above? Please complete the below form and talk to one of our experts today!
- we will respond to all Talk to an Expert enquiries within 72 hours, during normal business hour, Monday to Friday.
Environmental . Geotechnical . Project Advisory
View our Recent Projects
PO Box 5569
Maroochydore BC Qld 4558
07 5475 5900
ACN: 603 384 050
52 Second Avenue
Maroochydore Qld 4558
Level 54, 111 Eagle Street
Brisbane Qld 4000
07 3012 6548
36 Kuranga Avenue
Southport Qld 4215
07 5503 1943
Connect With Us