- Master of Engineering Practice (Civil), University of Southern Queensland, 2014
- Master of Science (Environmental), University of Natal, 2003
- Bachelor of Science (Honours), University of Natal, 2001
- Certificate (Project Management) SQ Data, 2008
- PMP – Project Management Professional, Project Management Institute, 2014
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng), Engineers Australia
- National Professional Engineer Register (NER)
- Registered Professional Engineer Queensland (RPEQ)
Associate, Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Walter is a senior civil/geotechnical engineer with post-graduate qualifications in civil engineering, environmental science and project management, as well as a background in business management. Walter is also an Associate at Core Consultants and leads the Geotechnical team on the Sunshine Coast.
He has over 14 years experience covering a wide variety of fields, including civil design and construction, geotechnical site investigations, project management, impact assessments, foundation engineering, slope stability, landslide remediation, acid sulfate soils, numerical modeling, effluent disposal, and earthworks.
Project experience includes residential and commercial developments, railways, bridges, hospitals, roads, airports, national parks, reservoirs/dams, multi-level buildings, electricity stations, aged care facilities, landfills, inshore marine structures, sewerage treatment facilities, and mining/oil and gas infrastructure.
In addition to his engineering experience, Walter was co-founder and manager of a successful adventure tourism and retail business, and national field editor for a premier fly fishing magazine.
He currently specialises in civil/geotechnical engineering and project management of multi-disciplinary consultancy projects, servicing land development, environmental, oil and gas, and civil infrastructure sectors. Walter also leads the geophysics team at Core, undertaking seismic investigations for site characterisation purposes.
Walter takes pride in being reliable, responsive and easy to work with.
Recent key projects include the Sunshine Coast Airport Expansion, Moreton Bay Rail, Sunshine Coast University Hospital, Abbott Point Coal Export Terminal, and Bruce Highway-Pumicestone Road overpass.
View our Recent Projects
Connect With Us